Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here bluebird, let me play, let me play













Well, its been nearly 2 weeks since the last post. Its been all about family lately. The longest stint I've had with the fam in eight years actually, so that's been great. The above pic was taken with Pawpaw, my bro Matt, and dad.

I've had a variety of performing opps, including a couple of trips to Nashville (its only an hour from Bowling Green). My first first experience with one of the music city's famed songwriter venues, The Bluebird Cafe, was as interesting outside as inside.

You see, the open mic there is like no other. The venue was to open at 5:30pm. Mom and I rolled in around 4:15, way to early, right? By 5pm there were 20 songwriters in line, by opening time, 40-45 songwriters in line!! I happened to be 4th in line, and man, were there some classic stories being told in the front of that line....some funny, some really sad. Met vagabonds from Vancouver, a mill worker from Princeton, KY, a businessmen from Chicago, a carpenter from St. Louis.

There were certainly some shnazzy Nashvegas outfits, too. Enough snap shirts to make ya wanna say... "snap!" Everyone was nice and all, but it was almost exactly how I imagined it. Should it have been? To keep this long story short, I didn't get to play. I got a "stamped ticket" that guarantees me to play my second time around. We'll see if I make it back this Monday before I cut town.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well well well......